Share This :
The ability to share access to a player account and to maintain separate login information was one of our most requested features, so last year we developed the additional contacts function. Recently, we have had a lot of inquiries about the feature so we thought we would offer a refresher and give you the who, the what, and the how to get this set up.
The Who: (And we’re not referring to the band). With additional contacts, two or more people can log into TeamSnap and control a single player’s record. It gives parents the flexibility to manage their child’s record without needing to share private login information.
The What: Any person listed as an additional contact can now access the player’s account with his/her own username and password. Being an additional contact allows the person to edit any player information, as well as the ability to add and edit other contacts. Additional contacts won’t be able to alter access settings (for themselves or others) or send/re-send invites.
The How: It’s very easy to set up in seconds, here is the step by step:
- Click on the name of the player on the roster page to get to his/her “Player Profile” page.
- Click on the “New Contacts” button to add contact information for additional persons who should be listed with this player. (EXAMPLES: Mom, Dad, legal guardian or spouse.)
- If you want this new contact to have his/her own username and password for logging in as the player then click the “Shared Access” box.
- Click the “Save” button.
- This person will have been granted “Shared Access”, but you then must invite him/her to join the account by clicking on the “Invite to Join” button. (The initial invite needs to be accepted before you can invite someone through “Shared Access”).
- You may customize the invitation you send or use the default wording, then click “Send Invitations”.
And there you have it! No more password sharing or miscommunication because everyone can use their own login to access the account. Privacy is very important to us and we want to make it as easy as possible for you to keep your password secure. If you still have questions about the feature, just shoot an email to [email protected] and we will be happy to help you out.